Dear Student Hackers:
We’d like to support those of you joining us from outside the NYC metro area better, so in addition to continuing a 10gen/MongoDB bus from Penn + Princeton + Rutgers to the hackNY student hackathon, we’re also creating a $50 travel grant program for a select number of students from universities not along the bus route.
10gen/MongoDB has generously agreed to sponsor travel grants in the amount of $50 to bring 30 lucky student-hackers from and to the hackathon. These will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis.
We ask that student purchase their own tickets, so you can choose the mode of transport that is most convenient for you. If selected, your name will be on a list to be reimbursed during the hackathon.
Details & Requirements:
1) Keep an eye on the hackNY blog and @hackNY, where we will post a travel grant application form at noon on Thursday
2) Register for the hackathon here.
3) On the form, provide us with your name/.edu email addy/academic institution/graduation date
4) Book your transportation and email your receipt to [email protected] no later than March 15, 2013
5) The first 30 students to fill out a complete application will be on the list to receive their grant during the hackathon. If you do not book your travel and provide hackNY with a proof of purchase before March 15, 2013, your spot will be given to the next person on the waiting list.
Hope to see you April 6-7!